PROJECT DESCRIPTION AND OBJECTIVES
The project ‘C4C: Communication for cooperation – Next Chapter’ was developed with an aim to empower youth workers through a set of key communication skills in order to facilitate and spread tolerance in the European youth sector. The project consists of three stages: preparatory arrangements, training course and follow up activities. The main activity is the training course tackling the development communication skills, which will take place in Slovenia, but the key to raising awareness on communication behaviours shall be close cooperation between all involved parties throughout all stages of the project.
The main objective of this project is to equip participants of the TC to become ambassadors of tolerant dialogue and to raise awareness on the importance of communication skills and tolerance in the light of the changing European society. The project relates to the goals of the Erasmus+ programme in terms of improving the level of key competences and skills of young people as well as promoting their active citizenship, intercultural dialogue, social inclusion and solidarity. The impact of the project shall be seen in strengthened knowledge, skills and competences of young people, their personal development and their improved employ ability in the labour market. Its long-term outcomes will underline the importance of youth work and international cooperation in terms of developing a European culture of peace, tolerance and mutual understanding.
The objectives of the project are:
- To gain the knowledge about different forms, strategies, norms and mistakes of communication
- To gain practical skills of communication to be used in working with diversity and inclusion
- To experience the barriers of cooperation and learn the strategies to cope with them in daily life
- To gain skills of specific communication methods, such as feedback, mediation, nonviolent communication, mediation, transactional analysis and public speaking
- To acquire skills of ICT tools for communication and trigger discussion on media literacy and critical thinking
- To plan and implement at least one follow up session about communication for cooperation in each partner country
- To produce various forms of dissemination material
The training course will be hosted by Zavod Dobra pot, a Slovene NGO working in the rural Slovene regions of Karst and Brkini. The participating NGOs were: Ha Moment (Portugal), Associazione Agrado (Italy), Together Cyprus (Cyprus), Open Sense (Latvia), Word Up (the Netherlands), Curba de Cultura (Romania), Hyvarilao (Finland) and Egeria Desarrollo Social (Spain).